Facebook

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Charlyboy says Lady Diana intimidated him into marrying her’

The ever controversial and Maverick Nigerian musician and social crusader, Charles Oputa a.k.a Charly Boy, and his south American born wife,  Diane, popularly known as Lady D, have remained, an item  after 35 years of marriage.Some critics believe  their union is a  case of birds of  a  feather that flock together.

Charly boy disclosed that his wife intimidated him into marry her, read his words:My parents had met her several times in Boston. I didn’t know she was going to be my wife. I wanted to marry a Nigerian  and not an American. But she was all over me, and when I wanted to return to Nigeria  in 1980/1981, she bought her own ticket  under the guise that she was coming to spend two weeks in Nigeria, only for her to end up spending six months.
So, my parents were worried that she should go back to her country to give me chance to look for a wife. She was supposed to book for a ticket to return to America. One day, she woke up and said to me: “Marry me or I will never come back to Nigeria.” That was how I was intimidated into marrying her. I didn’t propose to her, rather she was the one who proposed to me. That ‘s why I said I was intimidated into  marrying her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...