Facebook

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Actress Liz Anjorin’s reveals How she converted to Islam

 
Popular Yoruba actress, Liz Anjorin who was said to have converted to Islam last year after embarking on pilgrimage to Mecca has made a stunning revelation, saying that she ceased to be a Christian about eighteen years ago. She also said that she converted to Islam as a result of the love she has for
late mother

There’s this rumour that it’s the man you want to marry that made you convert to Islam.
I converted because of my mom. No man can make me change to Islam.
Why did you convert then?
People are getting it wrong. Because I traveled to Hajj did not mean I just converted. I've not been to church in the past 18 years. If any pastor has ever seen me in his church, he should come out and say it. I've been a Muslim for long. My daughter’s name is Rufaidat. I had her when I was in the North.
But the man you want to marry is a Muslim?
He’s not. He’s not. For real, he’s not. He was not and he’s not. I went to Mecca because of my mom, because I love her, something happened the day she died, and I was like oh my God, I need to pray for this woman, I need to do something special for her.
You said something happened the day your mom died. What happened?
I don’t want to say it, but I traveled to Mecca on her behalf, and for my dear life, because now no sister, no brother, no father, no mother.
Everything in life has its good and bad sides. What’s the bad side of being a Muslim?
Nothing.
What has changed about you since you came from Mecca?
Let me say, I take things easy. What people do to me no longer hurts me. Things don’t bother me like they used to before.
Do we see a situation in the future whereby you that hasn't been t o church in 18 years will now return to Christianity again?
Are we not calling the same God? I don’t discriminate. It’s only stupid people that discriminate. You are a Christian, I’ll embrace you. If you invite me for your anniversary, of course I’ll come. I don’t have anything against Christianity. That’s all I can say for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...